Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It's On...






Just what I needed a CHALLENGE!

As many may know I have a resale shop on ETSY. You can check it out at
www.HaveMerci.com

The Challenge from Apron Thrift Girl's blog is for resellers to create goals for their shops in the month of February and to check in every Wednesday to give updates on how we are doing.

CURRENT STATS
* I have 54 items in my shop. I started listing last May 2011 and last year worked on my shop pretty minimally with probably an average of about 25 items. I too like many notice, the more I list the more I sell.
* I've sold 54 items since I opened shop-Yay! I find that exciting, but know it could be so much more.

 GOALS:
*I will list at least 30 new items in the month of February. Yes I know- big whoopin' deal 30 items... but gotta maintain the day job :) Not to mention, I think that would be the most I have ever listed in one month's time.
*Not munching while working on computer- I cannot turn into a BIG FAT FATTY while trying to achieve my goal.

I also figure if I can maintain that many listings per month, while balancing family and work, by the end of the year I should have a nice sized shop. OK, OK  I won't get ahead of myself... month by month. But, that would suck if the Mayan Calendar is right- all that listing for it all to end! I'm so weird, why do I even think about that stuff.

WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR...
So far I've listed 11new items in February.

OBSTACLES/CHALLENGES:
*It's winter and catching the best daylight/natural light for photos is tough when you work 10hour shifts. Basically photo time is on weekends for me.
*Finding time after 10hour shift to post an item.
*I'm pretty novice when it comes to photography and computer stuff, but for me that's been an ongoing, learn by the seat of my pants, process.  
*Pricing is an ongoing challenge- does anyone else find this difficult? Do you charge for the time spent listing? Do You have a formula for pricing?
*Making sure I'm not too obsessed with this stuff and remember to play UNO with my mini me before bed time.



TO ALL THOSE RESELLERS IN THIS CHALLENGE
YOU CAN DO IT... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE ...






Thanks,
MessyMerci

- -
U


.

No comments:

Post a Comment